PHP is well-known to all; it is one of the most praised scripting languages of all time.
PHP is also known as “general-purpose programming language”. PHP is a server-side scripting language mostly used in developing websites.
Rasmus Lerdorf created it in 1994, and its functioning was so smooth and easy to apply that, in no time, it gained massive popularity among the developers.
Many prestigious companies started to base their websites on PHP, making it an integral part of their application.
Currently, around 79% of all the world’s websites have included PHP in their tech stacks. Some of the most reputed ones are Facebook, Yahoo, WordPress, Wikipedia, and Tumblr.
PHP has been in consistent use since 1994 and has proved to lessen the burden of a developer in integrating outstanding features to your website, enhancing its online presence.
And this convenience of adding up fantastic features and creating a dynamic website is only possible through efficient use of PHP frameworks.
The language has made available some of the best PHP frameworks to the tech world.
These frameworks provide code reusability. Hence the PHP developer can refrain from creating complex and lengthy codes again and again.
The open-source nature of the PHP frameworks adds up to their efficiency.
They are responsible for providing a basic structure that aligns the development of the website, boosting the development process, giving it an unmatchable speed.
Not just that, PHP is capable of fulfilling all the performance needs of businesses, since it is super efficient in developing websites and applications excellent in terms of responsiveness.
So it is apparent that nothing can stop PHP from advancing towards gaining even massive popularity in the coming time.
However, it is recommended for you to look for PHP programmers for hire if you wish to integrate all the latest features into your website.
Below we’ll discuss the best frameworks for PHP that are worthy of your next project.
Best PHP Frameworks are:
So let’s dig in!
Laravel is considered to be one of the best PHP frameworks out there.
Although it was introduced in 2011, not that long ago, it quickly gained massive popularity in the technological world owing majorly to its open-source nature. Laravel can efficiently facilitate complex web development securely and at a higher pace than other frameworks.
Laravel simplifies the web development process, thanks to its abilities to ease out tasks like caching, sessions, routing, and authentication.
What makes Laravel a great catch?
- If you require an application with complex backend needs, then there’s nothing better than Laravel. It caters to all sizes of applications, be it small or large. Thanks to homestead, Laravel can be easily installed.
- Features provided by Laravel are unrivaled; they provide the developer with the option of customization. So your web development will go the way you decide. Laravel has brilliant features like the view template engine, excellent MVC support, routing and authentication, seamless data migration, and many more.
- The Laravel framework is very expressive. It is built to cater to meet the expectations for rapidly evolving web apps. So if you need your website to develop as the trend develops, Laravel must be your top choice.
Simplicity and elegance pave the way to your target audience. A website that is simply beautiful will hold the attention of your audience for a longer duration and would make them want to get back.
Aesthetics matters a lot, which is why CakePHP is believed to be a significant framework in the list of best PHP frameworks. It provides you with a visually attractive and feature-loaded website.
In addition, you can hire a novice developer to fabricate your website since CakePHP is not as complicated as other frameworks are. Hence, it can be quickly learned thanks to its CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) framework.
CakePHP has been in use since it was launched in the 2000s, and it has only evolved to become better since then.
What makes CakePHP a great Catch?
- The framework is uncomplicated and easy to install. All you need is a web server and a copy of the framework.
- If you are planning on developing commercial applications, there could be no match of CakePHP. It has noteworthy security features like SQL injection prevention, cross-site request forgery protection, input validation, and cross-site scripting protection.
- The features that make CakePHP as amazing as it is are fast builds, validation, modern framework, and security. Not just that, it provides incredible documentation, numerous support portals, and premium support.
Symfony was first launched in 2005. Since it is relatively older than other frameworks, it can be considered more mature and reliable in terms of web development.
The name “Symfony” is known to even a fresher due to its immense popularity and reputation in the web development world.
The framework, too, is considered one of the best PHP frameworks to work on.
Symfony is an extensive PHP MVC framework, and is the only framework that follows the web standards and PHP, invariably.
What makes Symfony a great Catch?
- An enterprise application goes best with Symfony. No framework is as capable as Symfony when it comes to developing large scale enterprise applications. Installation and configuration of Symfony on almost all platforms is a cakewalk.
- One of the most amazing features Symfony brings forth is its reusable components. Symfony allows a developer to create an independent database engine. The framework complies with almost all of the best design patterns and web development practices. Also, integration with different vendor libraries is possible with Symfony.
- The framework is stable and amazingly flexible. The flexibility it has allows it to be integrated with more significant projects like Drupal.
Symfony and Laravel share many similarities, often putting developers at a tight spot in choosing between the two.
However, it is crucial to understand that Laravel emphasizes on delivering value and simplicity, so even a novice developer can make efforts and learn Laravel in minimum time.
Whereas Symfony is a bit hard to start with, and its security mechanism is also a bit harder to understand. Hence for Symfony, you will have to hire a PHP developer.
Codeigniter is the real example of “less is more.” Don’t worry; there’s nothing you’ll compromise on while using CodeIgniter. You generate small footprints.
Almost about the size of 2 MB, including all the documentation.
It is a suitable framework for developing websites that are advanced and dynamic.
The framework allows the developer to access numerous pre-built modules that have been proved beneficial for developing reusable and robust components.
What makes CodeIgniter a catch?
- The framework is easy to install in comparison with other frameworks. It is lightweight and straightforward. Its installation process is pretty simple, and the documentation is well-illustrated. Hence it becomes easier for a developer to understand and learn it in minimum time. So even a beginner can grasp the functionalities and techniques quickly, with of course some extra efforts.
- CodeIgniter offers various significant features like the MVC architecture, inbuilt security tools, top-notch error handling, and excellent documentation. Making it even better to develop scalable applications.
- Web development with CodeIgniter is relatively faster than other frameworks. The technology developed with CodeIgniter will definitely be reliable and efficient in building applications that are lightweight and can run on modest servers.
Zend is another framework that has reached great heights in the competition of the best PHP frameworks. It is entirely object-oriented, and features such as inheritances and interfaces make it even more extendable.
It is built on agile methodology, enabling a developer to deliver high-quality applications to even the biggest of enterprise clients.
The framework is highly customizable, hence can be altered as per your needs. Also, it strictly abides by all PHP best practices. Thus it is the best framework for developers who wish to add project-specific functionalities to their applications.
What makes Zend a great Catch?
- Zend is the best fit for developing complex, enterprise-level applications. This framework is popularly used for creating large IT applications or banking websites.
- Some features contributing to the framework’s popularity include simple cloud API, session management, MVC components, and data encryption.
- Zend allows you to use all the elements you want by integrating external libraries. The framework enjoys a robust community base and excellent documentation. However, developing a mobile application needs a lot of knowledge and experience with Zend.
Which one should you choose?
PHP is an excellent platform for facilitating a simpler development process and lessening your developer’s workload. Each framework has different strengths and weaknesses and varies in terms of community, documentation, and databases.
As such, the framework that could prove to be the best for your technology mainly depends on the following factors: security, scalability, ease of use, and documentation.
PHP is the doorway to opportunities. Excellent features can be implemented in your web application when you base it on PHP.
There are many other frameworks PHP offers like Phalcon, Yii, Fuel PHP, and many more. Although all are exceptional in terms of performance, the above five are the most popular ones.
The framework you need for your application depends majorly on your requirements of the features you want to incorporate into fabricating an app that is best of the rest.